Friday, August 12, 2005

Fritchey fires it up

Here.

12 Comments...

WARNING: Personally insulting and otherwise inappropriate comments (including all profanity) will be immediately deleted! Threads will be closed after 3 deletions. Try to behave like reasonable adults.

Click here to notify the "Comment Posse" about objectionable posts.

At 8/12/2005 03:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your graphics are much better. I'm not switching to Dome-icile or tuning into it again. Unless of course his McDermott threads prove to be better...

 

At 8/12/2005 03:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graphics-schmaphics..

The Representative is a brave man indeed. I can respect someone who has the courage to do this when they are in the position that Fritchey, or any elected official is in. I have found him to be a forthright and straight shooting legislator and doing this seems to me to be a continuation of that same strength of character.

Good luck Rep. Fritchey

 

At 8/12/2005 04:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fritchey is a stud

 

At 8/12/2005 04:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

At 8/12/2005 06:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given that the previous post was deleted, I'll assume it was pretty negative. I don't know why there is such a rush to rip on people on this blog whether it's the Governor or Edgar or Sandoval or Fritchey. It adds nothing and drags down on the blog.

Regardless of your politics or how you feel about him, you have to admit Fritchey is doing something that takes not only guts, but effort, to do. For that alone, I give him credit.

I wish we would see more initiatives like this.

 

At 8/12/2005 06:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for the Senator to do this. We could use more direct contact and transparency in Illinois politics.

Speaking of Illinois politics, I wonder if anyone in the local media is going to start asking about the millions of dollars of pro bono legal work that the vaunted and connected firm of Winston and Strawn are eating to save G.Ryan's hide.

 

At 8/12/2005 07:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw his name in the comment postings at the entry after this one (Mr. Miller's latest post). I was surprised to see that an actual state representative was commenting there. I followed the link to Rep. Fritchey's Blogger profile page; there was nothing there - so I didn't know what he meant, when he posted in that comment something about a link of his. (The thought entered my mind... Was he a guest blogger at Capitol Fax recently, or something?) I now see that he has his own weblog.

I wonder how long it will be before a bunch of other state legislators have their own... Or if it will happen.

This makes me feel even worse about not being able to update my blog more often... Oh, well.

 

At 8/12/2005 09:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

W&S makes enough off the current administration to cover any free stuff they may do for George. Isn't that ironic? Now JRT is representing a liquor store accused of violations by the same administration which pays millions to W&S. Isn't that ironic?

 

At 8/12/2005 10:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it seems anytime some insider is implicated in anything, W&S comes in to save the day. Is defending IL government corruption part of their charter, or is Big Jim afraid of where this culture of corruption can be traced back to?

 

At 8/13/2005 06:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So a potential statewide candidate is starting a blog site? Why is this bold or something we should be thanking him for? Having said that, I am sure it will be interesting. He is a bright guy but lets instead compliment him on smart politics and not act as if this is a daring venture.

 

At 8/13/2005 07:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

At 8/13/2005 12:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering the fact John has now opened himself up to a very public way for people to try to embarrass him, maybe it is daring.

It's this sort of think that stops good people from seeking public office or doing innovative things while they are in. At the end of the day, it is our loss if that happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home