Friday, August 12, 2005

Buried on a Friday

At 4:50 this afternoon, the governor released a list of a kabillion bill actions, both approvals and vetos. Luckily for me, I don't have to write again until Monday. I pity the reporters who have to now phone their spouses to inform them that the guv has majorly screwed their evening plans.

That's life, I guess. If you want to see the list, click here (text file).

10 Comments...

WARNING: Personally insulting and otherwise inappropriate comments (including all profanity) will be immediately deleted! Threads will be closed after 3 deletions. Try to behave like reasonable adults.

Click here to notify the "Comment Posse" about objectionable posts.

At 8/12/2005 05:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Link don't work.

 

At 8/12/2005 05:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey at least it's not 7 or 8 p.m. like some previous administrations.

 

At 8/12/2005 06:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until Rich fixes it, just add a "t" to the end of the link. It's a text document and should have a .txt suffix. When he copied and pasted the link, Rich apparently didn't have the whole link copied. Just add the "t". It works for me.

 

At 8/12/2005 09:42:00 PM, Blogger Pat Collins said...

Bill No.: SB 1776

Creates within the Department of Military Affairs the Governor's Regiment “ an honorary regiment of colonels appointed by the Governor on the basis of achievement and service to the state.
Action: Approved


OK, so how much need I contribute to the campaign fund to become an IL colonel??

 

At 8/12/2005 10:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the guv's hand wasn't too tired after *signing* all of those bills...

 

At 8/12/2005 10:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure he's got a strong right hand.

 

At 8/12/2005 11:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little disappointed by HB2589. An education bill concerning grants that reduce the size of K-3 classrooms. It's only for schools in academic trouble. I say you should always water the roots of a plant if you expect the flower to grow. The principal of my son's school cut the teacher's aid for 1st and 2nd grade because she needed to spend the money on consumable items. I completely understand her choice. My son's school's scores are excellent but I do worry about the large class size. I believe all schools should have the chance to reduce class size not just the one's in academic trouble. It's like not having a fire department until something is actually on fire!

 

At 8/13/2005 04:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, sometimes I think you intentionally try to hurt Blago. A news release on a Friday afternoon at 5pm isnt anything we havent seen before. I would think that as a political guru, you would recognize this as a smart move.

 

At 8/13/2005 01:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to anon 4:56pm,
It's not that anyone is intentionally picking on Blago, the man has to realize that he's a public figure and must deal with people throwing crap, real or not at him for reason or no reason. He needs to, along with the rest of his administration, to learn to not take themselves so seriously when it comes to the pettiness of the media. Remember that media and the government feed off of each other like symbiotic parasites. No offense Rich.

 

At 8/13/2005 04:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home