Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Question of the day

For what are you most thankful?

(By the way, posting will most likely be very light today.)

21 Comments...

WARNING: Personally insulting and otherwise inappropriate comments (including all profanity) will be immediately deleted! Threads will be closed after 3 deletions. Try to behave like reasonable adults.

Click here to notify the "Comment Posse" about objectionable posts.

At 11/23/2005 05:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the serious answer is my family, but in the theme of the blog, I'd have to say that I'm most thankful for the Illinois Republican Party for providing us with laughs year in and year out.

 

At 11/23/2005 05:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich -
How many blogs is this linked to. When I clicked on the "next blog" link at the upper right on the prototype page I got hooked up with some naked women and other less than politically motivated bloggers. Can that be eliminated?

 

At 11/23/2005 05:58:00 AM, Blogger Rich Miller said...

That's a Blogger thing. I have no control over it. Now, back to the question, please.

 

At 11/23/2005 06:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why even ask, you know the answer:

THE WHITE SOX!!!

 

At 11/23/2005 06:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to know that each day we wake up we have our families and the thought that we can express ourselves as we do hear on this site.Also to know that the people in America appreciate the military and are giving all of us who served in Vietnam the respect we deserve.THANK GOD - THANK AMERICA -THANK THOSE WHO LOVES US

 

At 11/23/2005 07:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I clicked on the "next blog" link at the upper right on the prototype page I got hooked up with some naked women

Shucks. All I got was a page written in Chinese.

 

At 11/23/2005 07:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) My family
2) My health
3) An adequate financial situation
4) The Ronald Regan Years
5) Good friends
Not necessarily in that order but probably

 

At 11/23/2005 07:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am most thankful for the giant capacity most people have to think, act, and accept in the most charitable manner. All of us have thrown a shoe and were permitted to get back in race because people took the time to help get us back on track.

Our families ( immediate and extended) are the first team followed in order by our neighbors,clergy, political and business associates. Finally, the broader national and human community.

We give to and are dependent upon one another. It is those of us, who for profit, vanity, ideology, or weakness forget those who have done for us that things break down.

In the might and main, we have things pretty damn good.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

At 11/23/2005 07:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to be facetious, but my family and I are really, truly thankful I still have a job with the State if Illinois.

 

At 11/23/2005 08:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am most thankful that my children are healthy.

 

At 11/23/2005 09:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am most thankful that I have a lot more money than most other people. :)

 

At 11/23/2005 09:27:00 AM, Blogger So-Called Austin Mayor said...

I loves me that internet and the fact that Barack Obama is clearly gearing up to run for President of the United States of America.

2008 Dammit!

 

At 11/23/2005 09:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This

 

At 11/23/2005 09:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the obvious things I guess:
My family, their good health, our good fortune.

Oh yeah, and the fact that I no longer work for the state.

Ahhhh, it really is the season to be thankful!

 

At 11/23/2005 10:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my children . . . and good burritos

 

At 11/23/2005 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Yellow Dog Democrat said...

My friends, family, and The Bill of Rights.

 

At 11/23/2005 10:27:00 AM, Blogger grand old partisan said...

The World Series Champions Chicago White Sox and Chief Justice John Roberts

 

At 11/23/2005 10:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every day above ground is a day to be thankful.

 

At 11/23/2005 11:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my wife, and my mistress. I don't think that I'd be able to get by without both of them. Seriously.

I'm thankful for my health, this blog, and of course, Blago.

I guess I'm also thankful for the 19th ward, since they are so powerful and they control pretty much everything. Thank goodness for them.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

 

At 11/23/2005 02:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google

 

At 11/23/2005 04:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my grand-spankin' new grandaughter...that my daughter, after a memorably wild adolescence, found and married a truly fine man who I love to pal around with...and wishing my son were home for Thanksgiving, but looking forward to going to Alabama between Christmas and New Years to see him and the rest of the family. Ain't life grand?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home